Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Waiting is Over...

"For a child has been born for us, a son given to us" Isaiah 9:6

It's Christmas! The waiting is over, the preparations are done, gifts have been unwrapped, carols have been sung, candlelight services have taken place, hearts have been lifted, and the joy of the Christ child is among us.
I felt as if Christmas may never get here, and I was sure that if it did get here I would not be "in the Christmas Spirit" yet after a Christmas eve, Candlelight Service from 11pm-midnight and a lessons and carols service, I am in the Christmas Spirit. I am in awe of the joy and calmness I have right now, it never fails, a night spent in worship of the newborn King, a night of quiet reflection, pure worship, a small flame and soothing hymn can change an entire week of emotions and busyness.
Christ the child, Christ the King, born to us this day in the city of David. The longing is over, the joy of this precious gift that we get everyday (as opposed to once a year) is settling in and being spread from person to person as the day continues on.
I do not think words can express the feeling of standing there reading scripture from the prophet Isaiah about the child that is born for us, the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Words cannot express the fullness of a darkened sanctuary, with light being passed around as you sing of the Savior's birth. Words cannot express the joy, peace, hope, and love and the longing for this all year long. So that is what I do, I turn with my heart and life towards the God that created me and loved me enough to send Jesus Christ, Emmanuel, the Messiah, my Savior, my life and my heart longing for this joy not just through the Christmas season but throughout the entire year. An attitude that starts now, that I should be held accountable to.
May you have a most blessed Christmas full of the hope, love, joy, and peace of the Christ child, and may it be sustained as you go throughout the year.
Merry Christmas,
KP

No comments:

Post a Comment