Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday...really?

Is it really only Monday? I feel like it should be Thursday and that I should be walking into the Louisville Airport ready to board a plane and fly to Minneapolis, but it is only Monday and instead I work on processing a collection in the archives.
Yesterday I woke up after spending a few days sick at Grandma's house and made the drive from Louisville to New Washington. During the worship service my congregation got to participate in my commissioning service as a Young Adult Advisory Delegate (YAAD) to the 219th General Assembly. Since I was not at the Presbytery meeting where the others received their commissioning, the Moderator came down and it was part of our Sunday morning worship. It was great because my pastor was preaching on the fruits of the spirit, something I hope to remember as I go into a busy week of prayer and business.

During the service I also received a wonderful gift from our Prayer Shawl Ministry, a green and brown prayer shawl that is beautiful, warm, and full of love.

Overall Sunday morning was a day full of excitement and reminders of the importance of remembering to be and remaining rooted in Christ as I venture off to the 219th General Assembly. It is an exciting time and I still have lots of preparing to do. This has all fallen into place for me in the last 4 weeks so I haven't had much time to prepare but I am doing my best to read through the material and prepare my heart and mind for the things that are to come.

I look forward to flying out of here on Thursday (even after my loving congregation decided to share horror stories of flying with me) and making it to Minneapolis to spend time with other Presbyterians discerning with the mind of Christ and making decisions together that will change the church. Together we are the future of the church and together we will press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14).

Exciting days ahead, I look forward to enjoying the next few days, then heading north to engage in conversation and fellowship with people from all over the world.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.-Max Lucado

Peace,
KP

No comments:

Post a Comment