Friday, December 24, 2010

Advent Fourth Friday 12/24



"It is I, Jesus, who sent my angel to you with this testimony
for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the
bright morning star." The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And
let everyone who hears say, "Come." And let everyone who is thirsty
come. Let anyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift.

Revelation 22:16-17


It is Christmas Eve, many folks will flock to churches tonight and hold candle light services to welcome in Christmas day.  I love Christmas Eve services but I have to admit that it frustrates me to see churches so full on this night but so empty on Sunday mornings.  The stores empty and the churches fill up as folks stop spending the money and finally draw in for worship of  Christ.  

I passed a church the other day that had on its sign "Christ is the bigger word in Christmas"...this made me chuckle "mas" in spanish is more...more, more, more that seems to be the theme of Christmas. More food, more gifts, more money, more time, more energy, and more time spent in the stores than with family.  But the sign is right Christ is the bigger word and that is worth pondering as we go into a time to celebrate the birth of Christ and the promise that Christ will come again.


"I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star." 


Come Lord Jesus, 

Come into the darkness and shed light

Come and open our hearts

Come and bring us joy

Come and light a fire within us for peace

Come and show us love

Come and bring us hope once again

Come Lord Jesus and forgive us 

Come, and remind us that this is Christmas

Come.



Peace be within you,

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment